Search This Blog

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Love Token 77: Saturday Morning Starts

It is widely known, how you start your morning shapes the rest of your day. 
My love token this morning was what I selected to start my morning off with. 

1. Dixie Chicks - Taking The Long Way Home Album


I love the Dixie Chicks. 
Their strong sense of self, their belief to rise against and the genuine emotion that is captured in their music.


Children lose their youth too soon


Watching war made us immune
And I've got all the world to lose
But I just want to hold on to the

Easy silence that you make for me
It's okay when there's nothing more to say to me
And the peaceful quiet you create for me
And the way you keep the world at bay for me
 - Easy Silence, TDC

2. Vanity Fair Magazine 
This is one of my favourite magazines. It has such thought provoking well written, non-preachy articles. My mind always spins into worldly thoughts after I put down a good read from VF - which I love and appreciate.


3. Home Brewed Coffee
I just got  a coffee machine last month and I am really enjoying the convenience and fun of waking up to the smell of lovely java


All three combined equals a great kick start to a relaxing and lovely Saturday and an amazing love token.

How did you start your day today?

xo
M

1 comment:

  1. MELISSA! i didn't know you had a blog! i've been missing out... but no longer!
    oh gosh... we just got an espresso/cappuccino machine... i swear it makes your day seriously 1 badillion times better starting with an amazing homemade coffee. i told stefano last night... i think i'll save two Starbucks cups next time i buy a mocha and we'll use them for our morning lattes... just for fun.
    love your blog. love dixie chicks, love your little Beatles quote at the bottom.
    looking forward to reading more!

    ReplyDelete


BUDDHA

You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserves your love and affection