Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

Love Token 47 - Party like it's 1999

It's a Friday night, I am on the GO Train heading to Whitby. In tow with me:
1. Facemask
2. Hot Rollers
3. Rice Krispie Square Mix
4. A baby mickey of Tequila + lemon
5. 20 CD's that I purchased during the years of 1990-1999

What I decided to have is a slumber party with my best friend. I was going to make the time to GO Train it out to see her, to ensure a night of fun filled activities that would remind us of how we partied together from ages 12-19.

I met her when I was 12 years old, we were neighbouring homerooms in our junior highschool.
We both had the similar likes, dislikes, and enjoyed being silly in the same way. That is really all you need at the age of 12.

Countless sleepovers, countless dance parties, countless and priceless memories.

As I am nearing my 29th birthday in a few short months, I reflect on our 17 years of friendship and am amazed by it.

We have been separated by distance, time and distractions in the past - however we are eachothers home base.
We have grown up and experienced life in different ways - yet we embraced the growing pains together.
Time apart is never a factor, when someone just "gets you".

So as an homage to our youth, to where it all started, we shared a great love token of partying like we were 12, 15, 17 or 19 - and had a Friday night in, just the two of us, doing girly things and listening to the music that shaped our adolescence.

Love like that is hard to come by - true friends are a gift, they are the witness to your life willingly - and I am lucky to have her be part of that circle of trust.

xo
M

No comments:

Post a Comment


BUDDHA

You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserves your love and affection