Search This Blog

Friday, February 5, 2010

Authentic Perfection

Perfection.

I have always had beef with the concept of perfection and the methods used to acheive it.

Perfection as we all know is an unatainable goal. In fact, it is our imperfectations (ahem differences) that make us unique and give us character.

Which brings me to my next point.

Authenticity.

This is an obtainable goal - this is ensuring you are being a true reflection of yourself always - being 'you', flaws and all.

Inauthentic people are all too common in the world, and they coincide with the desire to be perfect, when really it should be just the opposite.

So I will always be a happy imperfect yet authentic version of myself.

This is a concept I that I have always had lingering in my mind - I was actually planning on getting a tattoo to represent this concept during my stay in Australia - but it wasn't my time to do it then.

What resurfaced this, was "The Happiness Project".

So I will take the good and the bad, the highs and the lows, and remind myself daily that all I can be is me, and as long as I am staying true to myself and not inflicting harm on others...then I am content.

I wish nothing but the same for you.

xo
M

No comments:

Post a Comment


BUDDHA

You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserves your love and affection