Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Love Token 90: New City, New Studio

I attempted to try out the yoga classes in my building at work before the Christmas holidays, but the class size and the atmosphere (hearing students below playing bball, screaming at each other to pass the ball) just didn't mesh with the feeling I love that yoga gives me. 

So I began my hunt for a small scale studio again. 
As luck would have it - I found a small yoga studio right on my bus route home. 
I signed up for an unlimited 1 week pass and away I went. 
I decided to do two back to back classes last night and it was pretty amazing. 
The first class was a good re-awakening of my limbs and got my connection back up and running but the 2nd class - oh the second class was *magic*

It was called Yoga Chill. I thought it was neat but was skeptical as it was a very modern twist to yoga. I am  glad my skepticism was squashed

Picture this:
1 small 500 square feet room 
13 bodies
Sun sets - yoga by candlelight
Background music to the likings of Jack Johnson, David Gray, Bedouin Soundclash and Ben Harper. 



It was an indescribable feeling that yoga has never brought out of me - the feeling of human connection confined in a space all at peace. 
Usually I find yoga a solitary mind, body, soul experience.
It was beautiful
I am really looking forward to trying out the other classes and starting to engrain it back into my weekly routine. 
I am so GLAD I found a new studio, and even though my limbs are pretty sore today, I couldn't be happier. 

XO
M

No comments:

Post a Comment


BUDDHA

You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserves your love and affection