Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 8, 2011

Love Token 87: The Brain Map

Last night I watched the novel-turned-movie: It's Kind of a Funny Story

To be honest I had no clue what this movie was about, I just had it in my library and put it in.
I REALLY liked it.
It paints the picture of adolescence and depression and really shows an accurate impression of it.
That it is not a constant downward spiral but peaks and valleys.
Intertwined with a multitude of emotions such as stress, anxiety, sadness, etc. 

It has a satire dark humour twist to it and I loved the artistic concept of brain maps.
The imagination of the main character and what is "going on inside his head" and how he turns his issues into art in a very subdued manner.

I liked the concept, the writing, and pretty much how the whole movie seemed to evolve like I was just a fly on the wall.
Check it out if you have a chance - I wish I knew about the book sooner!

I am kind of tempted to draw my own brain map!

xo
M

No comments:

Post a Comment


BUDDHA

You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserves your love and affection