Search This Blog

Thursday, May 27, 2010

Once again - All you Need is Love





It is true.

Love - what a powerful word that has rocked the human condition in all directions.

I am a strong believer that all a person needs is love. (Yes a hippie mentality - but so what?)

When I say that, I mean love in all forms

Romantic, Platonic, Pet Love, Spiritual Love, Mother Earth Love, and so on....

One does not have to only feel complete with romantic love as love takes all forms and shapes, and I feel lately there is this strange perception/slant on how to be in a romantic relationship and live happily ever after is the only sign of true happiness and real love.

Fear has been instilled via romantic comedies, online dating portals, etc. that you NEED a romantic relationship to find real love.

I strongly disagree, being in a long-term relationship is not for everyone and without it does not deny the love factor.

Romantic love should just be a want, a desire, a series of events that unfold - it should not be the end goal - for it takes the beauty out of the means to get there.

I know some of you are reading and thinking "says the girl who is in love and getting married", but seriously, think about it...

For myself, I found romantic love and found joy in being in a long-term relationship but I would never assume that is what everyone should aim to have or that I am more complete than a friend of mine who is not in a relationship.

Love should be admired and appreciated at all levels, no?

I hope everyone out there finds what they love most and want they want most and goes for it because of their own true desires.

Life is long so really take time to think about what you want and what you love.

Do not let societal labels put you in that pressure box of "all you need is romantic love"

xo
M

1 comment:

  1. Moulin Rouge:

    Love is a many splendid thing. Love lifts us up where we belong.

    All you need is love.

    Love is just a game.

    ReplyDelete


BUDDHA

You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserves your love and affection